Sunday, November 11, 2007

Slow, but getting there...

I'm still in a blah stage, but I have some ideas now on how to make sure things get better - not to mention how to deal with stuff while I'm out of work.

First of all, an old friend of mine is on her way to Bend to visit some friends. While there, she's offered to come up and help me get some of the house together (caulking, planting, and doing the windows). So, there are three major things I don't have to worry about at this point.

Also, I woke up this morning with a better idea on how to make it through the weeks that I'll be out of work, and (hopefully) make sure that I can pay bills and such while sitting on my proverbial butt getting to know Elizabeth. One of the (a-hem) nice things about having a student loan is that occasionally you can place them on a hiatus. So, I will do so in December, and talk with them to have it go through March. I will then put aside that money ($310 per month) into the household checking account, and that should cover all the bills and rent necessary to be taken care of until I'm back at work.

Also, tax time will help out as well, since we file online normally, and can usually get everything within 3-4 weeks of filing - which means by mid-March, we'll have a fairly nice check coming through which will also help out with bills.

I've decided not to worry about the holidays. They will come whether I worry or not, and worry will only make it more stressful and upsetting. Rather, I will focus on doing nifty small projects for all of my friends as gifties, which will (hopefully) keep my hands filled on the bus to and from work, and even some at work, if they have no projects for me to do.

Speaking of work, as of the 26th, I will be on permanent days, from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. This means two things: Fred and I will *finally* be able to have days off together, and as of Elizabeth's birth, both of us will need to be fighting with the State of Oregon about the child support Fred is paying, so we can pay for adequate daycare for Elizabeth. I had considered going with Kinder Care, but they want over $600 per month to take care of her for two or three days a week, which we simply cannot afford right now or in the near future - and that's with my work discount.

SO - we are hopeful to do three things with the upcoming situation... Get a 3-bedroom on the first floor of our apartment complex (it's an extra $50 a month, but that covers water usage for a washer/dryer), and get someone reliable and trustworthy to move into the 3rd bedroom as a roommate to help defer costs so we have a bit more for daycare. We have an idea for someone, and she has stated she would be more than happy to move in with us once we have a place. The third thing is to talk with another friend of ours, who does daycare out of her home, and find out what we can work out with her for cost each month. As she's going to be breast-fed, and I will be supplying the milk, bottles, and diapers, I am hoping we can work out something there...

I'm still short-tempered about most things, especially the repeated stupidity of one of my co-workers (who, inexplicably, was pointed out by a lead as the "best" operator on the floor during evenings to one of the new gals) and by some of the people who are calling in, but I have a feeling that this too shall pass. I hope. Otherwise, I may just have to start a low-impact kick-boxing routine (once my physical therapist ok's it) in order to beat my frustrations out. It's either that or I'll be out of a job for beating my frustrations out on the co-worker; while satisfying, it would not bode well for me.

So, that's my plan so far. Rikki got us signed up under her new job at LA Fitness, for less money per month than the "employee discount" rate at the gym and spa my work has. It's easy to get to, has a salt-water pool and jaccuzi, all the cardio equipment you could possibly want, free weights, and classes that are included in the price of the monthly fee. There's also day-care on-site, too. After I get my physical therapy stuff taken care of, and am cleared for mild exersize, I'm so heading over there and plopping myself into the pool. Just a mild swim should do wonders for my back. Ah, weightlessness, how I love thee...

~M

No comments: