Monday, October 15, 2007

It Hath Arrived!!

This morning started unhappily to the sound of my phone ringing. Apparently no one had told the poor scheduler at the perinatology clinic that I'd already been informed of my appointment tomorrow. *sigh*

I decided it was definitely time to wake up, as I'd gotten about 8 hours of sleep, and needed to get chores done for the day.

First order of business, getting the table padded and covered for my sewing. This was an interesting bit of fighting, as the press-board table was *just* tough enough to require me getting a hammer, and then refusing to accept the flat-topped push-pins that I was trying to get through both the fabric and it about 20% of the time.

Lots of grunting, swearing, general name-calling and squashing of the baby later, there was a knock at the door. I was afraid it was the downstairs neighbor, complaining about the noise.

Nope - it was the UPS guy, bringing me my new baby! Yay! My sewing machine has made it. So far, it has been really simple to set up, and easy to get set up. I may have to place a small flat cutting board just under it to make sure it sits flat on the padding of the table while it's still new, but it's here, and it's all mine. *rubs hands together* Now I am free to run rampant with the boxes of fabric that I have unearthed! Bwa ha ha ha ha!!!!! (insert Terry Pratchett quote here "Five exclaimation points? I mean, really - a sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head".)

Now I need to get the rest of the room set up and going. I really need to get the person over here that's going to be taking my elizabethan dresses out of my way, as well as a box of scrap fabric and the bag of boys garb. I also need to get the toys that Speedboy no longer plays with over to Goodwill asap, so I'm no longer tripping on it.

Also, now that I have hanging files and a filing cabinet, I need to go through the house and collect all the random paperwork that I have been filing a la Vimes (He had a clean desk - this was because he piled everything on the floor next to the walls) and get them into a semblance of order. I am predicting in a month or so, I shall be organized - be afraid, be VERY afraid...

Today will be a fairly laid back day - I have two things off my list of chores done, already (the table and putting away the rest of the sewing machines/iron). I need to do laundry (again), clean the front room, take out the garbage in the back room, and bring all the paperwork I can find into the office...

Tomorrow is going to start out EARLY! I have a 9am ultrasound appointment, then I will go home and make hanging files, sort some of the paperwork, and make stuffed baby bunnies (I will show pics of what on EARTH I'm talking about once the first one is done).

Yet another nice realization of having a padded table to sew on: It's wide enough to do pattern cutting on, without being on the floor anymore. NO MORE HURTING KNEES OR BACK!!! Lil - if you're suddenly in the mood to sew, let me know and bring over your stuff - I'll be glad to let you borrow this luscious decadence. Tee Hee!

Oh, and speaking of the luscious Lilith, after talking with her recently, I've figured out what to get Lyse for Christmas. I think she will really enjoy it.

~M

1 comment:

Jeanne S said...

I have several ideas about sewing something for myself (I have a ton of denim pieces and an idea for a really kick-ass skirt, for one thing) but I really need to get more crocheting projects off my mental "to do list" before I start messing about with fabric. *grin*