Friday, October 19, 2007

Is it Friday yet?

Well, technically, I suppose it is. But for me, it's only my Wednesday. Two more days at work after tonight, and then I'll get two days of pseudo-rest (we call it that, since I'll most likely be cleaning the house some more...).

I have found that setting aside one day a week for serious cleaning is actually doing something for the apartment. I'm feeling better about the overall look of the place, even though I know there's loads more to do. That's ok, because I know that I can do most of it.

Wrenched my back Monday, which meant that for the rest of this week, I've been off the heavier lifting. Fred helped me with laundry (I *adore him, have I mentioned that?), and I mostly sat around with a heat pack trying to stretch things out. It's mostly better, but I'm going to be more careful from this point forward, I think... I don't feel like being out of action for so long in between days off.

As I mentioned, the sewing machine came, and last night I sewed bunnies. Cute little stuffed baby bunnies. I love my sewing machine. I'm so glad that I hadn't splurged on it prior to getting a divorce from the ex, as I know he would have completely destroyed it in a matter of weeks. While it's fairly sturdy and has all metal gears (a major requirement for me), my old one had no electronics to it, and this one does. So, definitely something to be reading the manual about as I get down to some serious sewing.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for someone to take the old sewing machine off my hands. It needs a good cleaning and a tune-up, and some correct-sized bobbins, but other than that, it works great. I just really needed an upgrade to something that was going to be a little heftier. Which I got. So - if you'd like a free (yes, FREE) sewing machine, and you live in the area (you get to pick it up), let me know. I'll be glad to hand it over.

Got paid today, and even with the overdraft fees and the lack of 8 hours (the phone time-keeping system yet AGAIN let me down... Does this at least once a month - I almost think it's a conspiracy), I still have about $200 after paying all my bills. Granted, I paid half the rent to the household account (will be paying the other half on my next check, which should be a bit more uber), but still... Should be work-withable. Means that we should be able to get a new pet very soon... Need to see how Fred feels about heading to the Humane Society tomorrow morning EARLY.

~M

No comments: