Friday, October 05, 2007

Back in the saddle... sort of...

Well, the dental visit wasn't as horrendous as it could have been. Luckily, I only had 3 or 4 panic attacks, and didn't once strike out at the dentist.

The molar I'd been having issues with for the last 15 years or so finally was removed. It had been determined to deteriorate to this point from just prior to graduating high school, regardless of what my dentist or I did to try and save it. So, there it is - or rather, was. It's out, at least, so I don't have to deal with it any longer.

I'm on Children's liquid Tylenol for most pain management, with Motrin 800's for more extreme pain issues, and Vicodin for those times I have been smacked in the face repeatedly and am in such pain that I can barely breathe...

The good news is, other than the pain meds, the visit didn't cost me anything - and I was put into an urgent appointment within 24 hrs of calling, and was in and out of the office within an hour and a half. Not bad. I still have my "welcome" visit on the 26th, which I will keep, since I do need to take better care of myself - and with dental coverage like this I have *no* excuse not to.

In other news, Elizabeth is kicking up a storm... She's horribly unimpressed with the current soft-foods diet I'm on, and doesn't like the lack of calories coming her way. *chuckle* And she lets me know it. She also wakes up at 3am, with Daddy, and doesn't let me go to sleep until around 4:30. *sigh* She kicked me in the lower pelvis twice this morning, HARD, and then the bladder - guaranteeing that I got up immediately.

Tomorrow morning Fred and I are going to the Greek festival. I'm expecting to be *much* improved by tomorrow, and should be off most of the soft foods - and even if I'm not, I'm going to go for some baklava and gyros anyway. I've been good for two days with taking care of my mouth, and I deserve to be, carefully, rewarded. It may take me an hour to eat one, but I'm going to go for it, darn it. I wanna have my gyros at the greek festival. It's probably a good thing I have pain meds.

~M

No comments: