Saturday, October 13, 2007

Another One Bites The Dust!

I finished the blanket for my co-worker's new grandbaby. It's a "Mama & Baby Snuggle" blankie, which means that both mom and baby can fit into it at the same time. Really nice during cold winter and early spring mornings (which we are known for having here), and can be used later as a toddler blanket, then lap blanket as baby grows older.


Most of the blanket - my phone just doesn't get that wide - tee hee... It's about 5' long by 3.5 or 4' wide, and really snuggly.


Here's a close-up of the stitch, as well as the border I did. I'm actually very proud of this, as this is the first time I've worked a border on a piece. I like it a lot, and will have to remember to do that in the future, as I like the look of it.


And this is what happens when my hobby gets the better of me. I'm thinking I will keep going with these, and possibly offer them to sell at work.

I'm going to be working on some other stuff in the meantime - a few little baby bunny stuffed animals. I will be taking pics of those as well. I need to get more gingham in order to make more of them - currently I only have two pieces of fabric, a plain soft blue, and a tan printed fabric with darker tan kitty footprints on it.

~M

No comments: