Sunday, September 30, 2007

Hooray!

Well, it looks like I will be getting a new sewing machine in the next few weeks. Mum called last night (had to leave a message since I was at work), so I called her back today. We'd been discussing a new bedframe, but I said that honestly, the thing I needed most right now was a new sewing machine, since the old one was dying quickly.

We discussed the options available, and at $300, the brand new Janome I found on EBay is probably the best one. It's still really simple, but it will do everything that I need for it to do. I quilt, but mostly I tie my quilts - if I want to sew it, I'm going to be in a mind to actually hand-quilt it, not machine quilt it... There's a difference in the feel of the quilt afterwards, and I just like it better. So - I get to have a new sewing machine just in time to finish the baby / sewing room and get some clothing and the baby quilt done before the baby is born. Yay me!

There's another machine that the seller has available, that I'm going to have to look at for leather sewing possibilities - Fred wants a heavy-duty machine that will work with putting leather together. So, I'll be on the lookout for one for him.

This upcoming payday will be the weekend of the table, so I'll have that done, and then hopefully on my next paycheck, we can have a new cat find us.

~M

No comments: