Saturday, September 15, 2007

Happy Birthday, Girlie!

Yes, indeed - my adorable little Anxiety-monster has a birthday today. I just saw her on Thursday, but (as usual) my "mommy" instinct blocked out the fact that she's older than I actually *want* her to be. *chuckle*

The pics Lil (her amazing Mum) put up of her in her halloween costumes prove once again that she needs to be locked in her room until all men are castrated, or blind (just kidding). I should not look at a pic of my teen god-daughter and think "hell, she looks pretty sexy." (Not kidding, now am looking around for sand, feeling rather unclean).

In all honesty, though, Anxiety has turned out to be an amazing young lady, filled with self-confidence, intelligence and smarts, and I'm constantly impressed with her ability to deal with day-to-day stuff that happens around her. She is rapidly moving toward adult-hood, but at the same time, keeps her head level and stays close to the fact that she's still a kid, wanting and needing kid-type things. All in all, a great young woman, destined for great things.

So, Happy Birthday, girlie! Fred and I are both SO impressed with you.

Hugs and loves!

~M

No comments: