Friday, September 14, 2007

Almost there...

This weekend is going to be one of cleaning while I'm at home (slowly), and working (obviously, while I'm at work).

Fred, my uber-fabulous hubby has cooked me spaghetti for dinner, which I will happily scarf down once I get home tonight around midnight, and most likely will pack the rest up for lunch tomorrow at work. Yay me!

He also moved the fabric dresser over to the spare room, and cleaned our closet to resemble something other than a sty. I was very happy to learn that the camping gear got stored away for the year and stuff that we simply don't use was pulled out to be either tossed or given away. Yay him!

I'm sending Fred over to the Pirate Festival on the 22nd to pick up more fabric - a nice gal at a stall there has agreed to hand over a LOT of teal rayon-type fabric to me. Since I have to work, it'll be Fred's job to get it. And on the 23rd, we the people from 1800GOTJUNK coming by to pick up the old mattress and a box of toys. I've decided that the fabric I'm giving away (scraps or stuff I simply won't use EVER) will go to the shire along with Josh's old clothing that no longer fits. I'm sure they can find uses for most of it - even if it's only for trimming things.

Small annoyance currently is that even after the mattress is gone, I will still need to wait to get a table into the room... I don't have a way to really transport it until Mum comes down for the baby shower - which means another month, unless someone is awesome enough to not only own a truck, but be willing to pick up and drop off said table at the house. *sigh* Meanwhile, I will have the rest of my sewing stuff completely sorted out and ready to go, taunting me. *chuckle*

I got a birthing ball last night. I broke down finally, realizing that my back and legs simply weren't going to allow me to do the "curling up on the sofa" thing anymore - not until well after the baby is born. My back is killing me, and my legs are constantly trying to fall asleep, unless I continually move. I got home, hand-pumped the darned thing up last night (25 minutes worth - definitely a work-out inof itself), and tried it out. Comfy! Totally comfy! I may get another one for work, just so I can have something to trade off with. I need it, lemme tell ya. I can just imagine taking it up to the hot site on the bus... fully pumped up. The bus is normally standing-room only when I get on it... it'll be amusing, to say the least.

In any case, nothing much more to say, other than I need to get more tiger balm - my back is still hurting. Oh, and a dentist, too... It wants a filling, or a pulling - one or the other.

~M

No comments: