Saturday, August 11, 2007

General Flotsom...

Well, EBay decided to take down the "Assault Rock" from their bidding. I am sad - it was funny, but I'm sure that the execs didn't like the fact that the guy was deliberately poking fun at their newest changes in TOC.

In other news, Fred's off again this weekend, this time to The Blackthorn Revel. We talked prior to him leaving and, after considering all the different angles, we ok'd a weekend of play for him. He does an adult fire show in the late evenings, and the sexual tensions afterwards is enough to drive St. Jude nuts, so... I'd rather that he do something safe, sane and consentual (with my consent as well) than wake up the next morning feeling guilty, and having done something that would make for a long explaination. Besides, I totally understand the whole sexual tensions running rampant and causing excess hormones to go wild. I've gotten that just watching some of the show on video. I can't *imagine* what it's like in person.

We're starting to plan for the upcoming camping season already. We sort of have to, since we'll have a baby and there will be a lot of extra stuff that will need to be gotten. We're figuring on 1-2 items each month to be purchased so we have everything ready. A friend of ours has offered up an octogon shade, which I will be attaching sides to, and getting poles for said sides so there will be LOTS of shade for everyone. We also need a MUCH bigger tent, and will need a table... I'll also need new clothing to accomodate breastfeeding (I have plans and ideas... I'll let you know whether they pan out or not)... That said, there's a reason why there's camping gear on one of the baby registries. LOL.

My right nipple had gotten some sort of an infection last week - seems to have cleared up with a liberal dowsing of hydrogen peroxide and antibiotic ointment. It's looking much better and is back to its normal tenderness. I will be asking my OB about that on Monday when I go in to see her. I have a list of things to talk to her about, actually. I've found myself with a body image issue that I don't like, as well as an obsession over my eating habits - also something that disturbs me. I know that a lot of it stems from my eating habits before the weight loss surgery, but I also know that the other part is a fear of turning out like my sister and gaining 90 lb's during the pregnancy. I have the alternate fear, though, as well, which is that I'm losing weight - and every single book I've read so far has stated that there's NO WAY it's a good idea to lose weight while pregnant. So, yeah - body image, eating habits, nutrition, and the like - those will (hopefully) all be discussed when I go in. I know most of the gals up at the clinic, since I talk with them all on an almost daily basis, so I'm not intimidated by them. Which is a Good Thing, since I'm talking a lot about stuff that's normally verbotten in "good" society.

I also will be meeting with my Doula, Tia, on Friday. We scheduled a time so that both Fred and I would be able to talk with her about the dr's appointment, how it went, what was suggested, and what's going on. Also, so that if Fred has questions, he can ask them. I've also scheduled a water birthing class for a Tuesday night in December. I don't want to do it anytime soon, since I'd most likely forget a lot of what the class went over - but December seems to be a good time, I think. It's not too far away from the EDD, but it's far enough away that I shouldn't be going into labor at that point, either. Next is to save up for the Childbirth A-Z class, which will cause me to have to take 1/2 days off from work on the weekend - but that's fine. The trick is to get the $95, and then pick a date that is going to work for both Fred and I. I'm also going to take a tour of the birthing area up at OHSU, so I can *hopefully* meet some of the gals I talk with up there, and see what it's like up there.

On a completely different note, Shady is doing much better. She's quite talkative, and snuggles with me whenever she can. She's gotten to a point now where if I'm lying on my sort-of side, she lays across my belly, a very protective look on her face. It's adorable. She's really curious as to why I'm getting bigger, but only there. Also, why I smell different. She's eating better, and seems to be going to the bathroom better, too. Which reminds me, I need to give her her medicine now.

So, am off to do that and go in search of food. Mmmmm, food...

~M

No comments: