Sunday, July 08, 2007

Constant Craving...

I have noticed some interesting cravings popping up of late. I want potatoes (cooked, please, and I don't necessarily care how - though McDeath's fries are a favorite), salt, rainier cherries, and occasionally, soft serve ice cream and molassas cookies...

I'm also craving sleep... Lots and lots of sleep. I've been walking, I've been eating properly, and I've been getting enough sleep... I just want to rest just a little *more*. The logical and biological reason for this is because I'm apparently working on plaecenta, and it's taking a lot out of me. Rationally, I know this is true, and I shouldn't be overly worried about it. I'm almost 12 weeks, which means I'm almost over the first trimester - and means I *should* be getting over the exhaustion soon... We'll see.

With all these cravings, I should be gaining some weight. I don't think I am, though. I took my pants out, as I mentioned earlier, but since then, I haven't gotten any bigger at all... I think I'm simply processing it all and the podling is getting most of it. Which is fine. I don't want to gain a lot of weight until the last trimester, honestly, anyway.

In completely unrelated news, we get to be (mostly) kid free as of the 17th. Speedboy will be heading down to his mom's in CA for a little over a month. While Fred and I both love him, we are both looking forward to shipping him off for a bit, too.

I'm so so so looking forward to heading to the beach later this month. OMG! It's been an age, and I really just need to decompress and relax. The 10-day work-week I'll have starting Wed will be worth it to have a weekend out there.

We're looking at another week before we can see the photos Mana took. I'm looking forward to seeing the final results. We have seen some from a few of our guests, and a set from Pixie's dad, NWRebel Photography proprietor, but I'm wanting to see what Mana will conjur up. She's done so many of my photo shoots before, and they've come up spectacular, so I'm excited to see them.

Other than that, nothing really is going on in my head - I'm fairly brain-dead at this point, and am running on autopilot. Blegh.

~M

No comments: