Saturday, June 30, 2007

Updates and things...

Got a crib today. I found it via Craig's List and jumped at the chance for a nice, barely-used portable crib with two bed settings and the mattress for only $45. The gal delivered it to us, and also handed over the crib set (bumper, etc), so I threw in an extra $5 since it was so super of her to deliver it and hand over the extra stuff.

I also went shopping yesterday with Fred for new shirts for me. I got 5, AND 2 bellydance dvd's for less than $60, so score another point (or five) for moi.

I apparently am lacking in protein, or energy, or both... Maybe it's just the whole "making of the baby" thing. Whatever it is, I was so tired today that, after the crib was delivered, I passed out on the couch for a good 2 hours and slept hard. Good for me, since I need to be up late, but I will say I felt like a total slug... There's stuff to be cleaned up still from the wedding that hasn't been done yet, and I should be going through the kitchen putting things away. *sigh* Instead, I sleep. LOL.

On the plus side, while I had to finally let out my pants two inches at the waist (no more muffin-top for me, thank you), my thighs have gotten a bit thinner. On the not-so-good side, my calves have gotten bigger... Go figure. I have yet to honestly figure out how the whole thing is going to end up looking at the end of the pregnancy, but I have visions of calves the size of thousand-year-old redwoods, and thighs the size of saplings. *chuckle*

I finally seem to be connecting with some of those on the mothering.com side. At least a few of them don't *seem* to be the crystal-gripping, granola-crunching hippies (as Fred puts it) that I had originally dealt with there. I may even be hosting a few sewing parties for making bottoms... I'm only a month or so away from needing to get into new pants, or making new pants, or completely forgoing pants altogether - which would be interesting, but not at all appropriate for work, as I also have no skirts to wear that will fit by then, either... LOL.

I have a busy two days off coming up. Monday I'm headed to the DMV early in the morning, and then over to the SS office to update everything... Then it's over to do the shopping at Winco. Tuesday I'm off again, this time over to the Fabric Depot outdoor sale for possible fabrics to use for pants and skirts, then home again, home again, jiggity jig.

I'm getting tired of running out of breath by the time I hit the top of a low-grade hill. Ugh.

~M

No comments: