Wednesday, April 18, 2007

TYCTW Day...

It's "Take Your Child To Work" Day on Friday for many of the Public Schools in our area (Not Speedboy's - but then, it's difficult to get them to look outside the window, much less the school grounds).

Anxiety will be joining me on Friday for a "day in the life of", which isn't really, but there you go. I work with a lot of sensitive materials which are covered by law to NOT be exposed to anyone other than those of us in the call center. So - my boss is currently working on a plan for me to do things that are not necessarily work-related from 10:30 until noon, when we head up the hill to the rest of the Hospital area. At that point, we will do a scavenger hunt for things and places up on the hill. Should be interesting, as it's pretty well a town all on its own up there. Then, at 2:30 or 3, we'll come back down, and at 4pm, Anxiety will be whisked away once more by her mum, Lil.

I'm actually looking forward to spending the day with Anxiety. She's a neat kid, and SO smart it scares me at times. I think she's smarter than I am, a lot of the time. LOL. I'm also going to take advantage of the fact that she's here, and I'm going to bring the top half of the dress pattern for her and fit it to her prior to work. Bwa ha ha ha - she won't be able to escape this time!

Anyway, it's about time to think about work.

~M

1 comment:

Jeanne S said...

She's smart...but at times she has twice the smart-ass attitude of any other teen. Le sigh. (I find this especially amusing when I remember a couple of ex's who criticized me for being too harsh in disciplining her...when it's clear now that I was just barely harsh enough. Maybe if I'd been even a bit stricter, she wouldn't be quite so mouthy now.) At least she compensates for it by wanting lots of snuggly hugs from Momma, and by doing dishes without being asked fairly often.