Thursday, February 15, 2007

Birthday Stuff...

So, it's now 5 days until my natal anniversary. I've been getting a modicum of crap from Mishu about not having a birthday party. It's not that I wouldn't want one, it's that the track record of said parties has been so piss-poor in the past...

Other than the birthday dinners that Lil held for me, anything that I've been in charge of have failed fairly spectacularly. So - I don't have them anymore. Not to mention the fact that most times, my birthday doesn't fall on an extremely convenient date to have a birthday party. Most times, it falls on Mon-Thursday, mostly falling on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I think I've had 2 birthdays that have fallen on Saturdays, one or two on a Friday, and one or two on a Sunday.

This year is sort of different... My birthday happens to fall on Mardi Gras. SO - if you'd like to join me in celebrating for a little while, I'll be at the Mandarin Palace, doing some karaoke, having a few drinks, and eating really good chinese food.

This is the closest I'll be getting to doing a birthday party, so live it up.

Oh, and pressies are not mandatory - welcome, but not mandatory. I'm mostly just wanting to hang out with friends and have fun.

~M

1 comment:

Jeanne S said...

See, at least once in a while you get a Mardi Gras birthday! Lame-ass people like me who were born in early June don't get nuthin' cool like that! I was even born too early to get a pathetic holiday like "Flag Day." I'm envious. *hugs*