Friday, February 23, 2007

Birthday Goodies!

So, the 20th was my birthday. I was taken out for dinner the evening before at Sambi's for sushi (YUM!!!). The day of, we went to Mandarin Palace for birthday drinks and to meet up with everyone there. We didn't stay long, as I was planning on heading to work the next day, but we did get to see Mishu, Llama and Mylo. Llama got me a coffee grinder in TEAL (yay blue hues!) so I can now grind my own spices at home. EEEeee!

Fred got me 7 (SEVEN, count them) Terry Pratchett books, including "Where's My Cow", which I love, and the newest of the Tiffany Aching series from Discworld, which I finished in 2 days and also love.

He also got me a set of Global Santoku stainless steel kitchen knives - some of the best in the world, mind you... OMG! I was utterly stunned. Not expecting that at all... And he got me dice, as well, so I can actually use my OWN dice for gaming from now on. Yay me!

The only downer to the entire week was having to head to the dr's on Thursday. I'd stayed home on Tuesday the 20th with a migraine and what felt like a huge ear infection that was tracing its way down into my jaws. The dr felt my glands and apparently there are sinus cavities that are right near the ear canals that I didn't know about - because I have another #@$%$##@$ sinus infection. So, I'm on another set of antibiotics and am home until next Tuesday. Yay me... Fred says I need a pipe-snake. I honestly simply believe I need new sinuses.

However - the antibiotics seem to be doing better, slowly. I'm down on pain meds from 3-4 ibuprofin every 3 hours, to 2-3 of them every 5-6 hours... My ears still feel like they need to pop, but that's slowly happening as well. Pressure builds, then finally releases, then starts building again. bleh.

The good news is that we are celebrating the 1st anniversary of Mandarin Palace tomorrow evening. There should be a nice karaoke party going on and I look forward to seeing those of my friends who couldn't be there on Tuesday due to things like work happening. ;-)

And now, I'm going to go to sleep... ZZZZZzzzzzzz

~M

No comments: