Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Witches Weekly!

Hey, look! A new one! After an apparent hiatus from it, the authors of Witches Weekly got some new questions up - so I'm gonna answer them!

What musical album would you define as the one that gets you most spiritually motivated?

Oddly enough, Peter Gabrial's "The Last Temptation of Christ" soundtrack. I find it soul-searching and uplifting all at the same time... I can feel the energy that went into creating such an amazing work, and it literally boils with emotions.

There are other pieces of music that make me feel happy and bubbly, but that's not the same as spiritually motivated or uplifted. LToC has NO lyrics that are discernable, though it does have the nifty addition of a wonderful boy's choir in the midst of it. I don't know how else to define it, honestly... It's Middle East meets Middle Ages Europe meets contemporary rock - and the combination is simply phenomenal. Only Peter Gabrial could have pulled it off, too.

So - if you haven't heard it, I highly recommend it. If you happen across an extra copy of it, I've gone through (literally) 3 of them - people keep taking off with my copies and never giving them back... My birthday is in February, so keep it in mind.

~M

No comments: