Monday, December 18, 2006

General updating...

So, our tree is up - a beautiful 6 foot noble fir (I *adore* nobles - they look the best for all my dangly ornaments), and last night we all got christmasy and decorated it.

Fred did all his wrapping last night - at least all the wrapping for all the gifts that he's gotten. I'd done some wrapping, so those got put out, too. I also did all the wrapping for Speedboy, who is making out like the proverbial bandit this year! I've gotten him 2 pairs of flannel pajama pants, a black and red flame shirt (soon to be delivered via USPS), a pair of flame pajama pants (also soon to be delivered via USPS), strength-training grippers, an electronic sudoku puzzle game, 4 books (the first 3 in the Pern series, and the first of the Xanth novels), and Fred and I both got all the stuff to create an aquarium for a little frog that I'll let Speedboy pick out himself. Fred's gotten him weights, 7 figures from Pirates of the Carribean 2, a box of his own 3-pack pirouline's, and some other things which I can't remember now because I just woke up. LOL. His mum is getting him a wi-fi for his Nintendo DS, and a gift card for Target so we can get him some new clothes.

Fred's making out like a bandit as well, though as he reads my blog, I'm not going to post all the things here - that would spoil the surprises. LOL. I know that Fred's gotten me a few things, too. Christmas this year is actually going to be a really good one for presents, since Fred had an extra $100 to play around with since he quit smoking. *smiles* I think *that's* the best Yuletide present as far as I'm concerned. I'm so proud of him. He's been through some rough patches, but hasn't gone back, and that's really important, and really something to be proud of - it's hard to quit smoking, especially when you've done it for so long. So, good on Fred for being so strong!

Today I do a bit of shopping for myself... I'm heading to Avenue to pick up some new bra's, possibly a new pair of pants, and some sweaters and shirts for work. I really need new clothes, and I just can't wait any longer to get them. SO - since I know that my presents do NOT include new clothing for me, I'm heading out... I was supposed to go with Bishy, but she had job interviews to go to. Yay for Bishy! So, I am thinking loads of good thoughts for her so she can stop stressing about it.

I'm also ordering the rings today, which we got sized for the other evening. I apparently have lost a little more weight in my fingers, and instead of a 10, I'm a 9. Who knew?! Fred, however, apparently gained a size due to knuckle damage, so is an 11. At least we were smart enough to get sized prior to ordering. :-)

~M

No comments: