Thursday, December 14, 2006

Flotsom...

So, I decided to start another story... We'll see how it goes. So far, it reads like a gothic victorian romance novel, which is exactly what I wanted. I also decided to take a day away from sewing to give my carpal tunnel a rest. Somehow, in the midst of one of my last cleaning spurts, I threw out the gloves and wrist braces for it - so I have to go and buy new ones. *sigh*

Just got a call here at work from a woman who needed to verify vaccination information on a pet. It's fairly common for it to happen. The amusing point was that I told her the pet had been vaccinated for Rabies in 2005, and it was good for 3 years... She had trouble figuring out when it expired... *le sigh*

We have many such special people who call in. They don't understand one (or more) things about when they call us... For instance, if you're a hospital in our network, give us the hospital number, so we know... Don't just launch into everything, because we'll just end up stopping you, asking for the number, and then have you repeat everything anyway. Saves both of us hassle and bother. Another thing, our lost and found pet service is located in Oregon. Don't expect us to trot our happy butts down to Texas to pick up a pet just because we only have one phone number for it's owner and the phone number is disconnected. We won't. Don't get snide and pissy at us, either. It won't help and neither will we.

I get to move desks today. I sort of liked the one I was in, but apparently I need to be moved. So be it. *sigh* That's ok - I'm slowly getting together everything I need on a daily basis... I really need to be given about 5 days to simply re-vamp all the information so that it's easily found, and easily understood - you know, just like a *real* procedure guide would be. Ugh. It won't happen, but it would be nice...

Currently the weather is the worst of my day... The rest is just petty annoyances that I can deal with. We hates the rain! Hates it! Especially when we have to walks through it. HATES THE WETNESS!!! There's supposed to be 50 mph winds this afternoon and evening, which should make going home extra specially fun for both Fred AND me.

Tomorrow is the big holiday party here at the hospital. They're going to be doing a raffle for stuff. I've been eyeballing some of it. The pot and pan set and the knife set would be nice to have... Then I can get rid of / put into camp gear all the other stuff. Other stuff that they have is directly for small children, of which Fred and I have none - but most of the other people have a lot of (or grandkids, either way). I'm hoping they'll leave the pots and pans and nifty stuff to moi. Greedy, I am. ;-)

So - my new desk is slowly getting eaten by a travelling philodendron... It seems to wish to engulf the top shelf, and is intent on also encroaching on my neighbor. I like that they have REAL plants here, I will say. I have this overwhelming urge to petition them to also install a very large aquarium so that there can be some live fishies to watch, too...

I also need to review how a cat's internal organs are supposed to be... Shady has a really solid lump in her abdomen, and I'm worried that it's not supposed to be there... I'm afraid that it may be an obstruction in her intestines or something, which would explain why she's not gaining weight, and not always eating... *sigh* Thankfully, as I work at the hospital, I have the resources available to check up on what I should and should NOT be feeling when I check her.

We get our christmas tree today - makes me happy. I get to go home and trim the tree and have hot cocoa (maybe - if I feel industrious), and afterwards - who knows... Perhaps Santa Fred will have a prezzie just for me under the tree... Tee hee!

In any case, that's about all the excitement wandering around in my life...

~M

1 comment:

Jeanne S said...

I have a pair of wrist braces that are still in very good shape, if you want them. They're really nice (black & dark blue, with velcro closures) and I think they'll fit you.