Friday, November 03, 2006

You know you've been raised by housecats when...

After your 3-day stint at work (10-hour days, not including the ride there and back), you spend most of your day off lounging, napping, and generally being lazy instead of doing things you *should* be doing - like cleaning the house, sewing your winter coat, working on wedding invites, etc...


Apparently I was raised by housecats. LOL. I was up at 7 am and fed the cat, then went back to bed and napped until 10... dreaming about sleeping. *snicker*


I'm off today, then work tomorrow, then am off for 2 days... Since my automatic deposit doesn't kick in until next paycheck, I'm heading in to pick it up today and deposit it - then it's back home to do something constructive - hopefully to finish the coat. I'll be food shopping on Sunday *shudder*. I hate shopping on the first weekend of the month. Those that I call "professional breeders" are out in full force after getting their welfare checks - with all of their badly-behaved offspring in tow. I realize that there are those on welfare who are NOT professional breeders. They are in that situation because it's necessary for the moment and they're working hard to get themselves off of it. HOWEVER - they have become the few, the noble, the ones that I end up lumping in with honest politicians and the Easter Bunny. See, the ones that I normally run into are those who are here in the US by questionable means, and/or those who are simply too lazy to work at all for a living - and are trying to convince their 16-year-old daughter that SHE needs to get pregnant now, so that they won't lose any of their welfare income.


I wasn't honestly prepared to have this be a political debate today, so I'm going to stop there and go catch my bus... This is, however, a subject that I'm sure I'll visit again...


~M

No comments: