Monday, October 09, 2006

It's a wedding!!!

The date has been set for the wedding... June 23, 2007. It was decided on based mostly due to weather conditions for the past 3 years, and the fact that there are no SCA events (that we know of) on that date that we're going to - I checked the handy-dandy An Tir calendar. For those who are interested in getting us stuff and things, here we are:

Target Club Wedd Gift Registry #: 010003993196702

Bed Bath and Beyond Registry#: 2523630

Sears Registry Number: 093008020002101306

Wal-Mart Registry Number: 26774658876

JC Penny - no registry number, look up by our names...

What we really *need* so far:

- stoneware bowls, in cobalt blue, preferably
- closet organizers for both our walk-in closet and Josh's closet
- frames (or gift certificates for framing stores) for artwork

I found The Memory Gardens as the venue for the wedding... It's all set, and the place is beautiful. Fred and I walked through it a few weeks ago, and it'll be perfect for a small, intimate wedding.

We'll be having the potluck reception at The Oregon Zoo, immediately following the wedding. Should be LOTS of fun for everyone. Not enough people got back to me with $$ for the tickets, so everyone will have to pay their own way in.

Lil has honored us with accepting to be our officiator at the wedding. I'm so happy to be married by my bestest friend - especially when she's so happy for both Fred and me. Yay us!

Mishu has honored me by agreeing to be my Best Bitch. LOL. I'm not having a huge grouping of Maid of Honor and bridesmaids... I'm bunching it all together into one, and that would be her. LOL. She and I both like the title Best Bitch, so I think it'll stick. I do have one bridesmaid/flowergirl - Anxiety insisted, and I decided I couldn't have my wedding without her...

The dreamcatchers are done. We have 60 or so of them - possibly more... I think we'll have PLENTY for everyone... LOL.

I *DO* need help with a few other things... If you're willing and able to help, please let me know and we'll get together and talk about it / work on it together:

- sewing the dresses and the kilts
- keeping me generally sane throughout this

There's about 14 days until the wedding at this update (6/8/07)... I'm going slightly insane...

~M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! I am so happy for you!!! (doing the happy dance!!!!!) Hopefully I can sneak down to Oregon for you! Love you muches sweetie!!
Hugs and kisses!
Shaylyn