Wednesday, October 11, 2006

As a dog!

I'm pretty well sick as one. So's Fred. We're both hacking at one another, sneezing, sniffling, generally feeling miserable - and I've lost my voice. Yippee.


I took today off (since I have the next two days off as well) in order to recouperate and get my voice back to being somewhat normal. However, this PK is going to suck for me and Fred - neither of us are going to be up for singing. *sigh*


Had to go through Speedboy's school bag last night. As per the usual, both Fred and I found LOTS of things that either he "lost" or was supposed to turn into us for signing but didn't because he couldn't find them. He has a binder, and folders, but doesn't use them. Just stuffs everything into the bag and then says "I lost it" when the teacher (or Fred or I) asks where things were. He's already doing horribly in math, literature and science - all because he can't seem to turn things in because he "lost" them. Horribly frustrating.


Last night I made Zuppa Tuscanna for dinner (just like Olive Garden - I swear!). I set up the crock pot for tonight's dinner of 4 bean soup with ham and veggies. Should be really, REALLY tasty. If it's good, I'll post up the recipe for everyone. :-)


I've found that it's difficult to get things together for dinner with the new job, unless I make use of the crock pot for those days when I'm working. I don't get home until 7:30 or so in the evening, so it's pretty difficult to get dinner on the table in a reasonable amount of time. Fred helps when he can, but he's home by 6, and is exhausted, so I'm learning more crock pot recipes for Mondays and Wednesdays - I figure he can do dinner on the weekends. LOL.


Other than that, not much else going on. I'm registering us for gifties at WalMart, too - so that people can actually AFFORD to get us some of the things that we really need (some of them are literally falling apart and need to be replaced).


~M

No comments: