Wednesday, September 20, 2006

General Rantings...

So, I get to start my new job (all things willing) as of Monday the 25th. The good news is that I have clothing to wear to said job. The bad news, it's only going to last me about 3 days, and then I'll be out of suitable clothing (no pun intended). I did get new undies and 2 new pairs of shoes for the office, both of which are amazingly comfy. Yay me! But - it's still a lack of clothing OVER said undies and shoes that's a problem.


Indeed - they're a professional dress office - which means that I've had to write Mum begging her to allow me to cash in the offer she made several years ago to buy me a new wardrobe. I'm hoping she will say yes, and that she'll be able to deposit said $$ prior to this weekend, so I can take Sunday and go shopping. Here's hoping...


*****************


I found out that there are those on the fringes of my life who are still determined to try and make my life miserable by trying to force mutual friends to take sides about the breakup between Fred and his ex-girlfriend. It annoys me to no end that such people apparently have nothing better to do than try and convince people that the break-up was completely and utterly MY fault, and that if I hadn't come along, everything would have been peachy-keen and dandy. Which it wouldn't. It may have lasted a bit longer, but the end would have been the same, and probably just as ugly.


I'm going to say this just ONE MORE TIME - I'm not saying that it WASN'T my fault - but it wasn't ALL my fault. It was just as much the other two participants in the relationship at fault. Everyone got hurt, everyone's lives sucked for a while - and then, two out of three people moved on with their lives. The third, however, decided not to and instead chose to raise little grudges to larger ones, making them doll clothes and feeding them cookies - and in doing so, brought along others who decided that it would be fun to poke at either Fred or me about it, on a semi-regular basis, through mutual friends. Bleh. Get OVER it, already, and find something more interesting and worthwhile to do with your time! Like volunteer for seal clean-up at the beach or something.


The only good news about THAT little incident is that the friend in question said in no uncertain terms that they weren't going to choose sides, period - neener neener - and if there was going to be a forced issue about it, the friend would choose their OWN side. I applaud that, honestly. I never expected anyone to choose my side, or Fred's, or his ex's. I expected them to let it be, and let the drama die down to a dull roar, and go back to life in general.


**************


Fred got mildly accosted on the bus yesterday on the way home. He and another rider were talking about religion, and about why they chose their specific ones (She's apparently an agnostic, he's an athiest, formerly Wiccan). His reasoning was simple: There is no religion that, when followed properly, advocates the killing or abuse of one person by another. However - so far, there hasn't been a single religion out there that actually follows that belief - they may write it, but they have caveats which allow them to wage war on another country, or kill another person, for [insert reason here].


Another rider sitting next to him got literally right up into his face, less than 4 inches away and said "Can I ask you a question then?"
Fred said sure.
The rider asked "Can you name a Buddhist that's started a war?"
Fred smirked and replied "Edo, Japan."
"What?"
"Feudal Japan, otherwise known as the Edo period. Look it up."
The man looked rather startled, and then sat back to think upon it.


While I'm not as up on my religious readings of late, I'm pretty sure that even the original Wiccans and Druids started border wars in the name of whatever God or Goddess they were worshipping. That they don't necessarily BELIEVE in such now is neither here nor there. It happened... I thought it was rather amusing, however, that Fred was able to completely smack this poor bastard down on the bus in less than 5 seconds on a question that the guy probably had no clue on, and/or figured that no other person would know the answer to.


**************


My Paxil hasn't been working for the past week... I feel like I'm on a continuous cycle of detox, with the tingling lips, skin and extremity jerks. I'm thinking something else that I'm on may be blocking it, so I'm stopping the Topamax for the rest of the week and seeing if it helps. I'm hoping that it does - I don't like feeling like I'm about ready to fall over for no reason whatsoever...


**************


My photo shoots have been causing a bit of a stir lately, but not enough for me to actually get PAID. This sort of sucks, since I think I've done MORE than enough work to get some moolah out of it. I understand that the economy is sagging still, and that people's cash is tight - but it would be nice for them to even go for a week trial, which would give me $4.50 per subscriber, and it wouldn't renew them... As I have over 1200 fans across the internet, it would be really nice, indeed - and would make for a good Christmas.


Sigh...


~M

2 comments:

Chris said...

My mother has been on Paxil for a long time. She has severe withdrawals anytime she deviates from her doses at all. Good luck with that.

Anonymous said...

My name is Mary Davis and i would like to show you my personal experience with Topamax.

I am 46 years old. Have been on Topamax for 30 days now. I would not take this for migraines. I've tried everything for migraines but this was by far the worst experience I've had with any medication. I'm sticking with my Imitrex injections.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
I had the tingling feeling in my hands and feet. But I also kept having memory issues. Friends kept teasing me and saying I was on Dopamax. I thought it would get better. One day I started having constant seizures and ended up in Neurology ICU for five days. Almost killed me! It wasn't until they had me completely off Topamax that I finally became coherent. I remember nothing while in the hospital ICU. I was totally out of it.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Mary Davis