Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mother Nature's way of saying slow down!

Normally, that would be a sucking chest wound - or so says the Infantry HandBook. I'm not kidding... In this case, it would be another migraine. I swear, they're induced from work, and work-related stress... It wouldn't be so bad except they nit-pick about all the crap that honestly wouldn't matter if they would keep it consistant. But since they don't, I've ended up having to tell my boss that I no longer care anymore. This isn't exactly true - if I really *didn't* care, I would no longer have the work-related, stress-induced migraines. *sigh* I care too much about my customers.


On an up note, I did end up getting an interview at a possible new job. No further info on it for now - I really don't want to jinx it. I'd like to have it, I'm trying not to want it *quite* so much (Slovatsky's Laws and all that)... It's just that it would, at the very least, be extremely handy to have since it's about 5 minutes away by bus, and right next to Washington Square Mall. Oh, and I'd get to work with pretty much a set list of clients for long-term... Yay. So, yeah - hope and pray for me, keep your fingers crossed, and think good thoughts to the goddess Hyre-me. I have 2 face-to-face interviews to pass before they offer me anything. The phone interview was cake, so we'll have to see what happens now...


On another up note, did a photo shoot on Sunday with the help of Mishu and Mana.




This is one of the preview shots of what we did... We also did some words, sayings, and moons, stars and musical notes... All in all, a very nice photo package. There were about 250 that I sent to Curvosity, and we held back others for promo "sneak peeks" - not to mention the ones that were sort of blurry and didn't do quite so well... All of these ended up being done with Crayola water-washable markers and the steady, patient hands of Fred and Mishu. Mana took pretty much all the photos, though there were a few (the one above included) that Fred took. I simply had to be patient and look pretty. LOL. I think they ended up looking great, though.


So, that's all the news for now...


~M

No comments: