Saturday, July 15, 2006

WAY too @$%#%-ing early!

If you'll notice on the timestamp of this entry, it says "4:25 AM". That's not a joke, nor is it a type-o. Yes, friends and fiends, I'm up that damned early. Why? Because I'm a sucker for a pretty face. LOL.


Seriously, it's because I promised to help out at this year's Portland Highland Games (http://www.phga.com), and my ride is coming to pick me up at 6 am... SO, in order to be completely ready for them, I have to be up this damned early.


I'm NOT a morning person. I'm especially not a morning person when I've got to be up this early... I hope they have a LOT of caffeine on hand for me so I don't start gnawing on someone's arm - or head... Mmmmm... Brains...


If you'd like to visit me, I'll be at the volunteer check-in tent, behind the counter. I'll be the one snoring and occasionally waking up long enough to sign in volunteers so they can get food to munch on and hang out in the tent for a while out of the heat. The games are located at Mt. Hood Community College, and will go on for most of the day.


Also, Pirate Karaoke is happening tonight, again. For those who missed it last month, it was a total blast! It's once again being held at the Mandarin Palace, on the corner of SW 92nd Ave and Allen Blvd, just behind the Burgerville there. Great food, good drink prices, and the KJ is a kick in the pants. The locals are excited about us being there again, and think that we're totally cool, and the KJ has been promoting the Pirate Karaoke thing for the past two weeks, encouraging even the locals to dress up in their finest garrrrrrb. LOL.


As always, there are rules... Please follow them if you come, and everyone will have a grand time - AND we'll be invited back!

1. No weapons
2. No outside drinks
3. No grabby or "lewd" behavior (it's not an SCA event, so we've got to be on our best behavior here)
4. 2 drink minimum from the bar, unless you're the designated driver
5. Pirate karaoke virgins have to get up to sing at least once.
6. Have fun!


So - that's it... I'm off to make a PB&J sandwich, and hopefully wake up enough to handle putting on a corset. HA! I crack myself up...


~M

No comments: