Monday, July 24, 2006

Oy! It's so humid, it's like a sauna in here!

We got back late last night from Gypsy Days / Sea Dog Nights. We were sunburned, heat-treated, and generally exhausted from the weekend.


Don't get me wrong - it was a good weekend. But it was oh, so hot and humid, and while the creek was ice cold, I really didn't like the idea of being told this year (once we got there - no damned announcement in the flyers for the event) that we were no longer going to be allowed to period bathe at the creek. We had to keep clothing on, or risk being fined if one of the locals came down and complained. Also - the creek was just too far away from where I was camping.


I ended up with a migraine on Sunday, which spread itself over to today. While I made sure that I wasn't dehydrated, I did get heat exhaustion and sunburned, so along with the horrible yellow ball in the sky producing an insane amount of wattage, it created some nifty pain just above and behind my left eye.


We got back last night around 10pm, much to the combined delight and anxiousness of my feline, who immediately started yelling at me for being gone in the first place. She was treated this weekend to the air conditioner being on all weekend, AND having the sink in the bathroom on at a trickle and plugged, so that she could have a huge amount of fresh water, just in case.


She's currently laying on my wrists while I try and type this, so this is where I'm going to stop, so I can rest them for a while. I will return later, hopefully with some pics of the event.


~M

No comments: