Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Plea from my Dear Honey...

You see, he's the troupe leader of an amazingly wonderful fire-dancing group called Fire and Steel. Over the past 3 years, he's gotten TONS of video capture, and only recently have we gotten the computer upgraded enough to transfer the video over to the computer to place onto a DVD for sale to help promote them. Unfortunately, shite happened last night... Here's what's going on in his words:

"Recently, due to wear and tear, our camcorder, a Sony Hi8 Handycam, went belly-up. If you have upgraded from this format and are looking to sell or donate your old one, contact me off-list. I can't afford much, But I'll see what else I can barter. What I'm looking for is preferrably one with nightshot, USB compatible. The USB compatibility is the main thing I need, as we are FINALLY getting our footage (3 years worth) transferred to computer, and are ramping up to FINALLY get a DVD put out. Even if you are not looking to sell, I do need to borrow one, as I am in the middle of getting the footage from the Gathering transferred to our computer. Since the old camera is so screwed up it won't give me back my tape (thankfully, NOT from an event, just some firejam stuff) it goes without saying that it's useless for the task. So if you have one to lend for a couple weeks, I'd be grateful for that as well. Hope to hear from someone--anyone.

Frederick the Reckless,
Troupe Leader,
Fire and Steel"

If you want to check out some of the videos and pics, please feel free to visit the yahoo groups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/antirafterdark/, and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/antirafterdark2/ .

In addition, this year Fire and Steel has decided to hold a fund-raiser for the Portland Community Transitional School, to help the children have a good holiday season. http://www.transitionalschool.org/ is their website. If you feel the need to help out, the troupe is gathering new, unwrapped toys, books and art supplies currently so that they can be handed out at Christmas / Kwanzaa / Yule / Solstice-time. They are also gathering monetary donations to purchase said items. So far, the troupe has gathered over $260 in donations, in the course of a 3-day camp-out with a non-sanctioned SCA group. They're hoping that each event they end up going to will yield as much, if not more, so these kids have a great holiday.

~M

No comments: