Friday, March 05, 2010

Serendipity?

The effect by which one accidentally stumbles upon something fortunate, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated.

I'm not sure that what has just happened *was* serendipitous, but I suppose it could be, depending on what might happen...

Interestingly enough, there have been bubbles of discontent breaking the surface of the waters for some time in my current situation (not relationship-wise - something else completely). There have been increased undercurrents wending through, and the occasional undertow that has drawn me down below the surface.

While I understand that such is the nature of the beast, I also understand that such things do not bode well for the long-term of things... I am not oblivious to such changes in the tides or currents, and while normally I do deal well with them, I have found that getting older means being more intolerant of situations akin to this as they crop up. I just have no patience for it.

Last night, a discussion was held regarding other opportunities which were currently available - opportunities that, while outside the home, were definitely financially more lucrative, and had additional benefits that might be good, too...

This morning the ebb tides turned on me and I felt bombarded with what felt like a metric butt-ton of flotsam and jetsam, and at one point announced that I'd had it.

Who would have thought that opening my personal email this evening could be fortuitous... I find an email asking if I would be interested in joining in on said opportunity. Go figure...

Now it's time to make a decision...

~M

No comments: