Monday, September 22, 2008

The latest and all that...

So, the test results came back from the 10 (yes TEN) vials of blood that were taken from me on Thursday, and the 24 hr urine collection.

Overall, I'm not in BAD shape, but I'm definitely on the way there. My B12 is low, as is my vitamin D, E, and calcium. So, it's going to be counter-acted with lots and LOTS of supplements, and hopefully in a few weeks I'll be feeling better.

I'm going to be getting a liquid B12 supplement, as well as a once-per-week 50K dose of Vitamin D, a once-per-day dose of Vitamin E, and a calcium with vitamin D daily supplement.

I'm really hoping that, with the increased B12 and D/E vitamins in my system, I'll finally start to feel better, and less like the walking dead.

On the much cooler side, Boo is standing on her own now, for about 10-12 seconds at a time. Since she's now figured out she can do it on her own, she wants nothing to do with anyone "helping" her stand. She'll do it herself, thankyouverymuch... She hasn't moved to the actual walking stage, but I'm figuring in another week or so, she'll be off and running.

Yesterday she had her first "official" run in the baby bucket(tm) swings at the park... LOVES them, and wants to go again and again. Not so sure on the slides, but loves the swings. Giggled through the whole experience, and wanted more - Fred video-taped the whole thing with his camera phone. Slept through from around 6:30pm to 4:30am this morning. Tuckered right out.

I'm starting bellydance lessons again as of this Thursday. I'm so excited! It'll be nice to be able to boogie down and actually get good again - too much belly, not enough dance!

The stitch-and-bitches have been going pretty well so far. Taught how to do a simple chemise yesterday, and both S and Ronnie made their own. I walked them through patterning and cutting it out, and as it got further in, I let them go further on their own until they finished it on their own. Really nifty. We have plans already for the next dress, a viking under-dress, also known as a 10-gore-dress. All the rage at your local Allthyng. If anyone wants a copy of the patterns, I'll post up information on them under the "projects" part of my Myspace info.

~M

No comments: