Friday, June 20, 2008

Cynics - work together!

Well, the most recent developments really don't bear repeating. I thought about everything that's going on in my life, and most people simply don't care either one way or another about it... Still, for my own records to look back at, here's what's going on...

We almost lost our babysitter two days ago. Unfortunately, we had not been able to pay more than a small set amount. However, thanks to my mother, we are now able to keep our babysitter - which is good. The baby and the sitter both adore one another, and it's nice to have someone around that I know and trust with her. It's worth the extra cost.

In addition, we got our relief check. After buying two large ticket items (a grill and a vacuum), and a yearly zoo pass, the rest is going to bills. I get to pick up the two large, bulky items with the help of Ronnie, as of this evening. Soon, there will be a grill party. I'll let people know when.

I have continued to lose my hair by the handfuls since I had the baby. I also have hardly any sex drive, am moody and depressed most days, and/or am crabby and snappish the rest of the time. I'm exhausted all the time, no matter what. There are a few other things going on as well, which I won't go into at this point. Amie thinks it's my thyroid... I plan to find out Monday, when I go in to the dr about it.

Elizabeth is continuing to grow at an almost exponential rate. She's over 16 lb's now, and over 26 inches long... She's into the 6-9 month clothing because she's so tall. She figured out how to sit up by herself last weekend, and as of a few days ago, she's on hands and knees, wobbling back and forth. It's only a matter of days before she decides to get going and crawl. We started her on a small amount of rice cereal, per her pediatrician. She actually likes it, and it's gotten her to slow down a bit on the formula/breastmilk...

We took her swimming last Sunday, and she loved it. Looked at the pool, then gave me a look like "That's the biggest tub EVER!" It was a little on the cool side, but she didn't seem to mind at all, which was nice.

Work continues to be work. I'm frustrated at not getting out of the call center at this point, but apparently it's not to be for now. I gave up applying for new positions for a while, since it's not going to happen until the time is right.

I have come to the conclusion that there are some people in my life that I've repeatedly extended invitations to, and conciously made an effort to continue a friendship with them, to no avail. They simply don't want to be friends anymore. So, I'm done. I am not going to waste precious energy trying to continue on a friendship which is obviously not reciprocated. Whatever. I can use that energy elsewhere, and be happier for it, though have fewer friends.

Honestly, speaking of friends, I've figured out I'm really just not friend material. I'm available to help people, I am useful to be around if you need sewing or cooking to be done, and I'm always counted on to either have money to borrow or a shoulder to cry on - but I'm not good for a friend... *shrug* whatever. Fred's always been the social butterfly anyway, so Elizabeth can learn how to be friends with people from him. I'll be there for moral support.

Other than that, nothing much going on. Oh, and got a great T-shirt for Fred for Father's Day: "I'm sorry... I can't hear you over how awesome I am".

~M

No comments: