Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Zoo - the aftermath

We went to the zoo on Sunday. While I technically didn't have the extra cash, it was the first really nice day of the season, and I really wanted to go for Elizabeth's first "big adventure"... I should have brought the digital camera, to show her off in different areas of the zoo, but didn't. I honestly didn't even think about it, so dazzled was I with the weather. Sun isn't a common occurance in the spring up here - at least, not lately, so it tends to blast brain cells.

Anyway, the zoo was pretty neat. About half of it is currently under construction to create a new area for the serengheti animals, which should be open next year. Even so, it's still a pretty nice zoo, and was a long enough visit with Elizabeth to make it through without her being overly fussy at all... She fell asleep in my arms at the very end, and I held her through purchasing a giraffe rattle and matching giraffe booties at the gift shop, and then we went home.


On the ride home from the Zoo...


Vampire Baby - she *adores* this rattle.

The really BIG adventure comes Memorial Day weekend, when we'll head 45 minutes away from home to camp for a few days with a couple hundred other people. I'm still debating on whether we will bring the whole travel crib or just the mattress and have a bunch of pillows around for a bumper... We'll see. She's getting to a point where she's arching her back to try and roll over, so we may go for the crib anyway.

~M

No comments: