Sunday, September 16, 2007

NOT an Auspicious beginning...

Woke up this morning with a sore throat - again... And my head slightly stuffy. I believe I officially have the first head-cold of the fall season. Ugh.

Fred's phone rang, and it turned out to be the 1800GOTJUNK people. I'd been under the impression that I'd changed the scheduling for NEXT weekend - apparently their website does not allow you to do that - at all. Their website ALSO doesn't have any way of easily finding out how much the cost is for pick-up. We got that when the nice guys showed up.

$109.00 is the BASE PRICE!!! Yee gads, man! I could see it if it was a honkin' huge fridge - what we have is a banana box filled with toys, and a queen sized mattress - NOT something hard or even relatively difficult to deal with. And they wanted $109 to pick it up. Nope, sorry, guys. We'll either cut the sucker in half and throw it in our dumpster, or find someone with a truck and haul it to the dump ourselves, thank you. As for the box of toys, Fred will take that to the local Goodwill to be donated.

Got downtown and found myself with a HUGE-ass headache yet again, and no real way to assuage it. I have now eaten a half a sandwich and some chips, downed some caffeine, and taken 3 ibuprofin. I can only hope that this will make it go away. At least it's my Friday.

~M

No comments: