Sunday, September 09, 2007

MMMmmmm... Sleep dep...

So, here I sit at work. It's one of my vacation days. Apparently I don't get to have the 2 hours off for the #$%^%&#$*% "mandatory" meeting that my boss has decided is OH SO important... Important enough that she threatened my job if I didn't come, so I got up at 3am from mid-northern Washington where Fred and I had *FINALLY* managed to get to an event together, and drove down for the bloody thing.

Not only that but I have to re-fill the tank of the car in order to make it back up to pick up Fred, Geoff and the gear, and then make it home. I'm SO not impressed right now. In fact, I'm pretty damned pissed. After the day I'd had Thursday, I now have to deal with this.

Oh, and a double-fun thing happened on my way down: I-5 was closed just as it crosses the bridge from Washington into Oregon. The Washington side had everything blocked, but didn't have ANY detours clearly marked, and ended up sending me across to I-205, about 5 miles out of my way, only to head down, and back over I-85 to go BACK into downtown so I could make it to work. Gah! I was so tired and frustrated, I started sobbing.

All of this along with trying desperately not to fall asleep because I only had about 2 hours of sleep total from yesterday. To say that I'm underwhelmed would indicate somehow that I was, at one point, whelmed in the first place.

Marianne says I should talk with our union rep about filing a grievence since I had a vacation day put in for today - and for the mileage. I get the feeling that it's not going to do any good... While another rep DID get her full day off, I have the feeling she put hers in prior to having the dates scheduled...

Bloody, gods-forsaken blasted mandatory meetings. I got 5 acres of ass - they should be kissing LOTS at this point. Fuq'ers.

~M

No comments: