Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And now... We commence to cleaning!

Yes, dear readers... Today is the day I clean out my closet of all my fabric and projects, place them into MUCH better boxes (the sturdy plastic kind you can see into to see what's in there), and move them into the spare bedroom (soon to be the baby's room and my sewing room).

It's my last day off before heading back to work. I figured I'd better do something that was somehow worthy of cleaning (of a sort), and would somehow help with the storing and sorting that has been needing to go on for some time. After today, the closet in our bedroom should be (relatively) clean and tidy, and so should the closet in the spare bedroom.

Yesterday, I went through all of the shelves that still had stuff on them of Speedboy. I found LOTS of broken toys, and toys that he never played with after we purchased them. The broken toys will be going to the garbage, while the ones he has not played with for over a year will be moving along to Goodwill or somesuch. There are two boxes that are his - one is filled with stuff he needs to go through when he comes back up here. The other will be shipped down to him on my next paycheck, and includes a lot more books and his tennis shoes.

The one LARGE thing that I still need which will make this room truly into a sewing room is this:


I need a wooden-topped banquet table... I have a piece of foam that will work top it, and a piece of cotton to go over the top of that, to turn it into a workable sewing and cutting table. I just need the table. Currently, I have less than $20 in my bank account, so... Unless someone gifts it to me, I'll be waiting until I have enough to purchase it AND a way to get it over to my house... No car equals a bloody pain in transportation. *sigh*

In any case, this is my project of the day... Yippee. You can tell I'm thrilled. LOL.

~M

No comments: