Friday, May 25, 2007

Buh Bye!

Fred is off this weekend to the first SCA event of our normal tourney season. The downside, I will not be able to tourney with him at all. This sucks total large green donkey dicks, and I'm not happy about it. However, I am dealing with it, if nothing else. Got really good and pounced last night, so that helps.

I get Speedboy for the weekend while Fred's away, as we had to spend cash on replacing a window that he broke - so we didn't have enough to take him with. This will be interesting, as I work late weekends.

Work is progressing along. I was taken aside yesterday and told by my trainer that some people have complained about me at the call center, saying that I wasn't receptive to their suggestions. I have NO idea what she's talking about, and the trainer was confused as well. The only people I can think of that HAVE given me advice or suggestions I've given a full thank you on - other than one person, who drives me batshit. She is also the one that ended up getting me pissed yesterday - first for having a really condescending tone in her voice when she told me something, and then for coming up and bumping me out of OT (union shop, people with more time in can do that). This is the same woman who, when asked for the last month to do ANY OT, she said no, because she didn't want to do it... Now she decides to do it, and it's ONLY on days that I signed up for, and ONLY for those times... Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

In any case, I like my trainer - so I told her that I would be more aware of my actions over the next week and see what was going on. We'll see whether things get better or not... If not, it won't be me, I can assure you.

One other thing about work - we have a resident pidgeon. I'm serious. He/she/it perched on the window outside my desk, and was there all day, from 7 am til I left... It will be interesting to see if it's still there tomorrow...

~M

1 comment:

Jeanne S said...

I wondered what that little private chat was about...would have asked (and would have said hello a lot more often!) but this has been utter Crazy Week. You'll have to tell me all about it!

The lead who's name sounds like a brand of paper plates apparently has heard something good about my intelligence, because when she gave me one project, she said, "This is basic, and you're not a basic gal, so you'll whip right through it." And I was very pleased that the boss lady hung out in training for a bit while I was on a roll with finding wacky names quickly in the system. *grin*