Thursday, March 08, 2007

Can I enter insanity as my plea?

I am going to lose it... I'm either going to kill someone, or I'm going to bust up crying from frustration. Either way, it's not going to be pretty. I feel like I'm going to explode, and am filled with rage for no particular reason other than the amazing amount of stupidity involved with my job and the people I deal with on a daily basis.

I was just "lectured" by another rep here about how I wasn't supposed to do something "that" way, that it was supposed to be "this" way... Which was interesting, since that's the 7th different way that I've been told to do this specific thing... Not that we have an "official" way of doing ANYTHING here - because if we *DID*, we'd have a written policy and procedure manual that we could easily refer to at any time, and that everyone would be able to utilize without any question about these situations...

But NO - no, no... That would be FAR too simple and smart for THIS call center to do. Instead, they would rather have us burrowing around in our emails for 6+ months, trying to figure out what the answer is, or getting 7 different answers from 7 different leads because NO ONE CAN GET THEIR ANSWERS STRAIGHT...

Not surprising, when the "official" answer was emailed back to me, it was apparently the "new" official answer, and it finished off with "let me know if you have any questions". I couldn't resist - it may get me fired, but I don't care anymore. I'd rather PUMP GAS NEXT DOOR TO MY APARTMENT THAN DEAL WITH THIS SHIT ANY LONGER!!!

I answered with "Yeah – when are we going to have a policy and procedures manual set up to where all of this is spelled out and can be easily accessed by everyone, so that we don’t have to search through 6+ months worth of emails to find what we’re looking for?"

So far, not surprisingly, I've had no answer. The last time I asked such a question, I was told "We do everything by email - we prefer it that way - it's easier." Easier for WHOM?!?!?!?!

I am, indeed, fed up. I have no reason to stay here any longer than I absolutely need to, and am currently desperate for ANY type of job at this point - even if it's minimum wage. I'll cut off the cable... I'll take a 2nd job... I'll give plasma... I'll live on Ramen... We'll go vegan if necessary, dammit. I won't deal with this shite any further.

~M

No comments: