Friday, February 09, 2007

Thorn in the side...

So, recently, as I'm sure you noticed from a prior post, I've been a little on the political side. I've done so for a number of reasons:

*I was molested when I was 4 and had no recourse as my mother didn't believe me.
*Exploiting minors for sex is not only taboo, it's against the law.
*I currently have a 13 year old son that I want to protect.
*I would like to have another child in the future, and want to procect it as well.
*I have friends who have children, and they need a voice, too.

I have never had an issue with people having sex with other people. I don't have an issue with gays or lesbians; hell, I'm bi... Why on EARTH would I have a problem with sexuality? The fact is, as long as it's between CONSENTING ADULTS, I have no problem with it.

The issue, however, is that there are some people out there, like this asshat, who thinks that because his sexual perversions run against the law and exploit minors, he's a sexual minority and deserves the right to go after little boys. He has used the same argument that those within a gay or lesbian pairing have used - that he has the right to find love where he wants to.

Uh - that's all fine and dandy when it's another adult. I'm sure that most everyone will agree that if there are two adults involved in making the decision as to what they'd like to do in bed, it's all good.

When the law states that someone is too young to know their own mind about a sexual encounter, or starting a sexual relationship, you'd better believe I'm gonna get up in arms about it. There's a reason for the laws - it's not just because they are written by uptight legislators who haven't had sex in years (as he's said over and over). No, it's because on average, teenagers and pre-teens (not to mention small children) cannot make logical, thought-based decisions about sex that are good at that age. Period. End of story. And even if you're lucky enough to FIND one of the few teenagers who understands *exactly* what they're getting into, the law says NO. Therefore, you, as the adult, should be the one to stand up and let them know that it's not ok until after they are of legal age.

MySpace took down his profile. As they are closely linked to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, I'm quite happy that they saw the potential for disaster there and removed it.

Blogger has removed the content, but not the profile, twice now - and he's pissed about it. He is of the opinion that his rights are being mashed up into pulp, and he's being stepped on by "the man" for his being a "sexual minority"...

As Fred says, if by "sexual minority" he means "wanting to, and following through with, having sex with little boys who are either barely old enough in Canada - or underage - and generally being a sick FUCK", then yeah, he's a sexual minority.

The following is the email that I have sent to ALL of the hosts of his known profiles and web addresses. I am wanting to make DAMNED sure that they understand what it is that they are allowing to be posted, and by whom. I also linked their own TOS to each of the emails (they're not on here, but they're easy enough to find by going to their websites) to remind them of what they do and do not allow on their websites. I also included all the links to his other sites to the rest of them, so they can look for themselves and see what it is they are allowing into their midst.

If you would like to follow suit and copy and paste this email, please feel free to do so.

The person I'm speaking of has the following profile on your site:

http://www.meetmeinto.com/profile.asp?id=380285

He is a Canadian who has chosen to openly admit that he is a pedophile, under the usage of the words "boylove" and "ephebiphile" (they apparently sound better than pedophile).

As you know, pedophilia is illegal both in Canada and in the USA. He has many different profiles on different blog sites, and feels that it is his right to support pedophelia and those who would target young children for sexual activities.

He is currently embroiled in a battle with those of us on the web willing to support the National Center for Missing and Exploited children, and have him and his rhetoric removed from the web. MySpace.com has removed his profile already, and we have notified both National law enforcement and the media to let them know of his whereabouts.

The following are the current known links for this man. He is, we believe, a danger to underage people on the web everywhere. He specifically targets boys between the ages of 11 and 15, and has admitted such on his blogs.

Please take the steps necessary to block this man from utilizing the web for his personal trolling ground.

Thank you.

http://viamund.blog.com/

http://viamund.wetpaint.com/

http://viamundtherake.blogspot.com/
http://www.blogger.com/profile/13022153

http://viamundarchives.blog.com

http://blog.com/profile/?userid=760861

http://www.meetmeinto.com/profile.asp?id=380285


While I don't normally get involved in such hyped-up political stuff, I gotta say - when I do get involved, I get INVOLVED - and I choose my arguments wisely.

~M

2 comments:

Sues said...

Thank you for your help and support in this fight Merripan.

Stitches77 said...

Ditto. I'm very happy to see you engaged in this battle. Your voice is so very important.