Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Update - I spent WHA...?!

So, yesterday I decided to do a little shopping for myself. I had some money left over after paying for bills and going Yule shopping, so I figured that I would go out and do some clothes shopping for myself - especially since the last money I'd had to go shopping with had ended up going to bills instead - which sucked ass.

I ended up spending around $300 on myself - and got 2 pairs of pants, 3 sweaters, two cartigan button downs, 1 slinky top, 2 velvet burn-out tops, one velour top, a button-down purple shirt and a see-through cream-colored shirt - oh, and 3 new bras, since apparently my band size hasn't changed, but my CUP size has. grrrr. I'm now a DDD. scary.

I went to Avenue first, and got the bras, a sweater, the slinky top, a velour top, the see-through shirt, one of the cartigans, and the two pairs of pants. That was $192 - AFTER my discount...

I then headed over to Target and got the other cartigan, 2 more sweaters, the burn-out tops, and the button-down purple shirt. That was $115.

The really cool thing? All of them look really good together, which is nice.

The amusing part? I just got the "holiday bonus" at work, which is two $25 gift certificates to Target. ROFL! Which means I'm just gonna have to go back and get more stuff that I had wanted, but resisted because I wasn't wanting to pay THAT much...

I also picked up 3 shirts for Speedboy for his pj's, and a little something for Fred at Marshall's. I also got the present I needed for the secret santa thingy here at work while I was there.

Amazingly enough, I still have a little money left over! Wow! I'm impressed. And proud of myself. I actually gritted my teeth and went out and shopped, following some of the body style rules that the "What Not To Wear" team has placed for heavier-set women - and it worked. The only thing I didn't conform to was shoes - but that's because my feet just don't like kitten heels with pointy toes from PayLess - and I won't pay $100+ on a pair of shoes when I don't have that much to spend on them. But that's ok. I actually have my boobs up where they're supposed to be, my waist is emphasized where IT'S supposed to be, and I seem taller-looking.

So - there's 7 days til Christmas, and I'm counting down. I can't wait til Fred and Speedboy open their prezzies and sees what I got for them. I'm so excited. That's really the big thing for me on Christmas. It's nice to get given gifts, but I'm ever so much more excited about GIVING them and seeing the people's reactions of them.

~M

No comments: