Sunday, June 25, 2006

General Updating for the weekend...

So, the heat here is currently very bad... I'm not one for heat, which is why I live here in the Pacific NW. Normally we don't get over about 85. This whole over 90 thing is not working for me, and I am protesting vehemently... Now I just need to figure out where to lodge the complaint... I also need about $20 so I can pick up the lumber and supplies to set up the platform so I can install my portable air conditioner into the window of our bedroom. yay us... Once that's done, I'll be a much happier camper - although I doubt I'll stick my nose outside the bedroom much. LOL.

Raistlin came over early on Saturday so we could dye one another's hair. Us long-hairs end up needing to work on one another because we've found it's the only way to have it done right... Other people just don't understand how to do our hair properly. I got mine done first, and found out exactly what I'd look like if I had a gaping head wound, as my hair dye looked literally like congealed blood. I was so impressed (not to mention such a sick monkey) that I asked Fred to take a picture...



After that, we booted Speedboy down to his mum's... He'll stay with her until Mid-August. This prompted us to come home and immediately strip naked and wander around the house until it was time for us to get dressed for Pirate Karaoke. Due to the heat, I opted not to wear the leather bodice, but instead a satin victorian-era replica corset instead. It looked nice, and I got quite a few compliments, but much more on THE SHOES...



I ended up dancing in said shoes, to Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" that a friend of mine, Grace, did. It was awesome. They were actually quite comfy last night... Of course, this morning, my thighs and calves are cursing my very existance and my feet feel that they have been sorely abused... Fred will have to do the honors of washing clothes and gathering quarters for said clothes washing, because I will be unable to walk up and down stairs with a large load... Like over 5 pounds... Yes, I'm sad... But I looked **GOOD**.

The really good news with Pirate Karaoke was that the owner seemed really happy with us. We had a fairly quiet crowd with us last night, and though we didn't quite reach the levels that we'd hoped for, it was a decent turn-out considering we had been competing with the annual Portland Pirate Party. The locals thought we were an absolute blast, and the Karaoke DJ even got into it, dressing like Jack Sparrow and his girlfriend dressed like a gypsy wench. They were both quite thrilled about the event, and everyone said they look forward to having us there again. So, I think we may have a permanent location for it. Yay for Pirate Karaoke.

And, now that I've realized that I'm hungry, I'm going to see if I can't rummage and find something to eat...

~M

No comments: